As a congregation we invite one another into an active relationship with God, with each other and with the broader community. We are committed to welcoming and affirming all people, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, economic status, life experience, abilities and challenges.
Faith-roots as a Congregation:
God’s steadfast love and mercy is the heart of the scriptures and our shared lives. Following Jesus’ greatest commandments, we love God with all our heart, soul and mind, and love others as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:36-40). As a congregation we agree that “Jesus loves all people as much as Jesus loves me”.
How do we live into this statement in practice?
- We welcome, by baptism, into membership any individual who accepts Jesus as Savior and Lord and seeks to follow him. All are invited to explore and participate in the life, fellowship, and ministry of WMC.
- We trust our Pastor(s), Elders and leadership team to continue to faithfully discern requests to participate in marriages.
- We consider individuals for congregational and pastoral leadership according to their gifts and calling.
- Recognizing diversity, we continue to hear, to be challenged, and to learn from faith stories of all, in a spirit of gentleness, grace and love, growing together as Christ’s disciples of healing and hope who worship, learn, care and live generously with each other and the community.
- We commit to continually listen for and respond to God’s Spirit and ongoing discernment, learning and growing as a welcoming community of faith.